Surface preparation in the aerospace industry is a critical step in ensuring the proper performance, durability, and safety of aircraft components. The aerospace industry often deals with a variety of materials, including metals, composites, and advanced alloys.
For many years, A&B Deburring Co. has serviced the aerospace industry, including companies such as General Electric, Pratt & Whitney, and Rolls Royce. We have successfully met the challenges of critical surface preparation applications that these companies and their supplier network demands.
Typical applications tailored to the aerospace industry include:
- Vibratory finishing for surface improvement
- Chemically accelerated finishing for surface refinement
- Automated and manual Grit blasting for surface preparation and coating removal
- Shot peening to improve material strength and service life
- Plastic media blast to remove coatings on sensitive substrates
- Soda blasting to clean critical parts while leaving no blast media residue
- Vibratory finishing and grit blasting in the engine overhaul process
Proper surface preparation is essential in the aerospace industry to ensure the longevity, safety, and performance of aircraft components.
The specific methods used depend on the materials involved, the intended use of the components, and industry regulations. Strict quality control measures are typically implemented to maintain high standards in aerospace manufacturing.